Thursday 30 March 2017

Easter cards with Tim Holtz Snowglobe die

Hello Everybody, 
it's Monika again 
with my second post in March.
Like in February I would like to show you another - not wintery - use of Tim Holtz Snowglobe die.
Earlier in my blog I have already made I quite similar Easter card but here I would like to give you a full tutorial about how I made that and of course these:-)







And now here is my instructions:

1. Cut out the card base from kraft paper.

2. Choose a coloured cardstock and cut out a one size smaller rectangle.

3. Emboss it with Tim Holtz Flourish embossing folder.

4. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo.




5. With white ink colour the embossed papers. Now here I have to tell you that for this I used a special "thing" which was added to one of my Sizzix embossing folders packages - you can see this white thing in my picture. Do you know what it is? I have no idea but very useful :-))




6. When you finished you can glue your embossed paper to the base card.




7. Cut out the bottom of the snow globe 2 times from heavy weight cardstock. Glue them together.

8. Stamp the Happy Easter text in the middle.

9. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo.




10. Cut out the upper part from blue cardstock. 

11. Smear the surface with white acrylic paint and a sponge.




12. When it's dry spritz it with Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Stormy Sky).




13. When it's totally dry tap white acrylic paint on the surface with a sponge. Just tap, don't smear!




14. Cut out the wildflowers from green cardstock. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo.




15. Tap the flowers with white acrylic paint.




16. Cut out the rabbits from brown cardstock twice. Glue them together and with the sponge you used for whiting the flowers, contour the edges of the rabbits.

17. Cut out the bows from same paper you used for the flourished rectangle.




18. Glue all the elements on the blue snow globe. In the end you can just cut off the overhanging parts of the flowers.




19. Put the card together :-) For the big parts I used double sided adhesive tape.










20. If you wish cut out some tiny butterflies from the same cardstock you used for the flourished part and bow.




21. Add the butterflies and some half pearls to the card.





What I used:



Sizzix Movers&Shapers, Bunny&Bow by Tim Holtz (657486)

Sizzix Sizzlits Die, Butterfly Frenzy by Tim Holtz (659575)


Ranger Distress ink, Vintage Photo

Ranger Distress Paint, Picket Fence

Ranger Archival ink, Potting Soil


etc.




I hope you like it! Happy crafting!

Big hugs


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Easter cards. Great way to use the snow globe. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete